Tuesday 24 April 2018

Ginger Roast Chicken Re-viewed


Carole's Chatter: Ginger Roast Chicken Re-viewed


First I let the chicken sit on the bench for an hour or so to come up towards room temperature. This makes a whole lot of difference to your cooking time and keeping the chicken nice and moist.

I prepared a mix of softened butter, grated ginger, a teaspoon of garlic infused olive oil, a teaspoon of mixed fresh herbs (chopped) and a squeeze of lemon juice.  I also added salt, white pepper and a teaspoon of turmeric powder.

I slid this mixture under the skin on the breast of the chicken – as you can probably see from the pic, I must have been a bit rough with it because the skin broke apart in the oven.  It didn't seem to affect the taste though.  I also rubbed a bit of the butter mix over the outside of the chicken too.

I put a cut up lemon into the cavity of the chicken.

I then popped the chicken onto a rack in the roasting tray and put a small amount of wine and coconut water in the bottom – say ¼ cup in all.

I roasted the chicken for one and a half hours in a moderately hot oven.

This was simple and tasty.

1 comment:

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers